Incredibly happy with the service, personable, friendly and professional. They were very quick to respond to any inquiries or requests and I would highly recommend them to anyone.
Very happy with Cockrams. The level of detail in the survey was excellent and all very easy to understand. The service was prompt, professional and friendly.
Very quick turnaround and detailed report. Many thanks.
Cockrams provided us with a Building Survey. The standard and level of detail of the report were excellent. The layout and language were clear and the surveyor provided ample photographic evidence of his findings. A very good service, too: timely, quick to reply to queries and pleasant to deal with.
Very prompt and professional service.
Exceptional service. Very thorough survey complete by Colin. The report to follow was comprehensive, outlined all the key points of consideration and provided everything I needed to know about the proposed property I was buying. Nicole was particularly helpful with any questions or queries I had throughout the process. Would highly recommend.
On it like Sonic! Very happy with my experience dealing with this firm. Their response was very fast indeed. The report was very thorough preceded by a lengthy verbal assessment of the property -on a Sunday to boot! Good humoured throughout and competitive charges. Many thank for your consummate professionalism.
Super fast and excellent communications! Really didnt expect anything so quickly! Thanks for your prompt and professional report.
Really fast & professional service & good value – second time I have used this company – would recommend them every time.
Colin’s service was excellent.
- I just wanted to let you know what a tremendous service Colin Cockram has offered and Judith is also excellent. Thank you for introducing us to both.
- Thank you for sending the survey so promptly. Your company has been most responsive to our need to get this report to us and our solicitor quickly. It is very much appreciated.
Mr & Mrs P Bell
We commissioned a Building Survey from Cockrams on a Barn Conversion we propose to purchase. The survey was most comprehensive and covered both the usual structural matters and special points of concern relating to the nature of the building and its location. It will be both an effective tool in the purchase negotiations, and a valuable guide to the ongoing maintenance of the property. In terms of identifying faults and limiting any consequent damage it will pay for itself many time over. We would certainly use Cockrams again and recommend them to anyone else.
I look forward to working with you again in the future.
- I wanted to thank you all for doing everything so quickly and efficiently for
me. You are always pleasant and understanding on the phone and nothing was too much trouble. I am most grateful to Colin for expediting the test and report in
his very busy schedule.I look forward to working with you again in the future.
- The report is very helpful and very clear so would you extend my thanks to Colin.
Thanks for the full report, it was really helpful.
I just wanted to say that I think the service I have received has been exceptional. Both Kylie and Colin have been brilliant considering the tight timeframe I had. The report is the most professionally laid out I have ever seen and I’ve seen a lot for various properties we have bought and sold. Sending photographs on a DVD is also a first and a great idea.
I’ll action everything that Colin has suggested but please pass on my personal thanks to him. Your service made buying this property a simple decision for me.
- Great service, everything was sorted out quickly and efficiently and to a high standard. Special thanks to Kylie as nearly all of my communication was done over email, very quick responses and a lovely manner which makes everything easier when in my case your are organising a move. I definitely recommend Cockrams Surveyors.
- Please pass on our gratitude to Colin for such a swift turn around of this survey; it is precisely the level of detail that we were hoping for. We will certainly keep you in mind as and when we plan any renovation work.
It was very kind of you not to take a cancellation fee, I would have paid it , you are a Professional, and I would rather not mess you around, but unfortunately matters were out of my hands.
I will, without reservation, recommend your Company, your service to date has been excellent. I am sorry that we did not have the opportunity to meet, as expected .
- We’d like to thank you and Colin for all your help, you’ve both been absolutely lovely, very kind.
I would just like to say a big thank you for carrying out the survey and getting all the reports back to with 48hrs.
It is a level of service that I am always trying to attain 100 % of the time. (within the service engineering business that I operate).
Given that the report is driven from a lenders request, I consider the money all the more ‘well spent’ when factoring in the added value your prompt turn around brings to the equation.
I will have no hesitation in recommending Cockrams Surveying to my past and future contacts.
- Thanks to your accurate valuation the process with HMRC for assessment of IHT has been trouble free. We have also been able to market the property at a price that attracted a reasonable number of viewers and led to two offers.
- “Thank you for this and the hard copy and CD with photographs. The CD has been an enormous help in reconciling the issues raised in the report and I commend Colin for his most professional and comprehensive service and survey.”
“I would like to say a big thank you for the thorough survey and it was good to see that the house is in a good condition. We have also shown the children the photos and they are looking forward to the move.
Many thanks for a brilliant service.”
Mr & Mrs Salmon
- “I can only describe my choice of your excellent selves and service as brilliant. Thank you to you and Jon
not forgetting Kyllie’s bit of course.”
- “We’re very pleased with the Capital Allowance Valuation, both its content and the speed of production.”
“I recently used Cockrams Surveying to carry out a survey on a very appealing looking bungalow in a lane not too far from Truro Hospital. This bungalow is freshly painted white and sits in a delightful garden. All appeared most promising.
However, following a very thorough survey it proved not to be so. A huge number of problems were unearthed, the main issue being that the property is vastly overpriced by £20.000. The entire roof needs extensive repair work which will be costly.
The guttering needs realigning. The double glazed windows are of an age where they will all need replacing in the near future. No ventilation inlets in the roof space thus increasing damp and condensations risk.[These inlets would need to be installed ]
No heating nor external extractor fan in the kitchen. Not even a smoke or carbon monoxide detector in the house. The central heating system was found to be very old and the 6mm micro-bore pipework is known to be inadequate and will need to be upgraded soon thus resulting in huge expense and much redecoration. There are many more problems within the house which need to be put right, the list goes on and on. There is an obvious risk of rain water entering the property from off the long and sloping driveway, a drain needs to be installed to avoid potential flooding. The patio slopes down toward the house thus driving water into the footings of the house ! ! ! I shall stop now, but the report mentions many more problems that must be dealt with especially before signing contracts.
So that is my warning to anyone who may be considering buying a property without having a survey carried out. All that glistens is not gold. Buyer beware. Thankfully the truth was revealed to me and I have walked away (very quickly I might add}
However, I notice that this property remains on the market, and not yet reduced to it’s correct value. So again I say, Buyer BEWARE!
On this note I recommend Cockrams Surveying for their thoroughness and their ability to expose any problems that might cause huge heartbreak.”
- “Cockrams Surevyors were absolutely brilliant and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them. reallymoving.com is also an extremely useful website and I would highly recommend them. The information and links provided was entirely relevant and using them has attracted no unwelcome calls or emails.”
- “Good news. Very friendly, very efficient. Will recommend to friends and our estate agents.”
- “I went with Cockrams Surveyors for the work and have found them to be very helpful and professional.
The website was very easy to use and i received a very good response from the contractors on your site!
Many thanks again”
- “Colin even spoke to me by phone to explain some things which I needed to know in a hurry. They did the survey the day after I contacted them yet they had quite a journey to get there. First class. THANKS”
- “We have always had a homebuyer survey done on a new property and they have always been well worth the money but this was the best yet. A comprehensive report accompanied by 58 photos showing the defects found plus a video of the camera down the defective drain. Would definitely use again.”
- “Thank you so much for a great job done, we were really impressed how you put yourself out to do the job quickly and efficiently, and also thank you to Simon Buchanan who did the survey, we received the report via e-mail yesterday and a hard copy AND CD disc which was really great, we only saw the bungalow once so our memories were refreshed and we really enjoyed the pictures that were taken, it is good to know that there wasn’t anything major to worry about, We are so glad we used your firm and would not hesitate to recommend you highly to anyone.
All the best.”
- “Colin did a fantastic report for us and rang us back to go through items on the report, would use in the future.”
- “Excellet report produced very quickly.”
“No doubt, following your kind intervention, I received a phone call from Peter yesterday afternoon and he apologised for his tardiness in sending out the woodworm treatment guarantee. As you said, he told me that he has very busy but has promised to send out the guarantee within the next few days.
He also confirmed that he treated all the timbers in the loft space and this has eased my concern following the discovery of rotten timber. The previous owners informed me that they had a new roof installed some 5 years ago and it would appear that although the roofing contractors installed new timber supports, they omitted to remove the old timbers. As you recommended, I have sprayed the old timber with Cuprinol 5 star wood preservative and inserted new timber supports prior to rendering and re-plastering.
Colin, I am very grateful that you took the time to come and see me and put my mind at rest and also for chasing up Peter on my behalf. Your ‘after sale’ support and guidance is very much appreciated and represents a thorough professional approach which is not found very often these days.”
- “Cockrams where excellent. The receptionist was lovely and the surveyor seemed very professional. The report was clear and easily understandable. Highly recommended.”
- “I was very impressed with this first class service. Colin is very helpful and a pleasure to deal with. He is also reliable and does what he says he is going to do. The survey was very detailed and well-presented, firstly by email then quickly followed by a hard copy. Highly recommended.”
“Colin Cockram recently surveyed a substantial Victorian house I am buying. I strongly recommend him to other purchasers of houses in the area.
Colin was most helpful and informative before, during and after the survey. His survey was thorough – even going to the extent of unblocking some drains so that he could provide entry from his drain survey camera. He was not able to finish all the work in one day so he came back to finish it on the next day without any extra charge.
The main conclusions were telephoned to me the day he finished. The typed report extending to 39 pages (as well as a video of the drains) plus 3 large appendices were with me in 3 working days.
Colin then answered many questions from me and helped me obtain quotations to have remedial work done. Also Cockrams Surveying support staff are efficient and helpful.
In short COCKRAMS SURVEYING offers a Rolls Royce service at Ford prices.”
- “I’ve seen a lot of building surveys in my time and this one was by far the best I have ever seen, thank you.”
- “Reallymoving – very useful to have instant online comparisons, thank you Colin Cockram – very quick to respond to original request for survey and has since been very helpful, informative and supportive with my subsequent queries. Survey undertaken within same week, verbal feedback that day, online report delivered quickly and hardcopy soon thereafter. Excellent.”
- “I wouldn’t hesitate to use Colin for a survey in the future; he was easy to deal with and gave a really professional service.”
- “Would recommend the company. 5/5 Stars for qaulity service and value for money.”
- “Colin surveyed two houses for us in Cornwall. One needed substantial repairs, but with Colin’s report in hand we decided to bite the bullet and were able to negotiate an appropriate reduction in price. The other had damp and we decided not to proceed. Colin was very helpful, met us after the survey and showed us all the things he had found. He discussed both houses with us at some length, which helped us to decide which house to buy. His prices are very competitive. I would have no hesitation in using him again and am delighted to recommend his service to anyone needing a surveyor in Cornwall. Thank you to ReallyMoving for helping us to find him.”
- “I found your service and Cockrams really helpful. Thank you.”
- “I used Cockrams surveying who responded promptly and were very helpful. I would recommend both the service you offer on the site and Mr Cockram.”
“Just a quick line to say many, many thanks for the survey report on Olde Hollow. Sam and I were both very impressed with the report and the way that you conduct business generally…as I’m sure you’re well aware, this house buying game can at times get pretty stressful! Your efforts however have eased the stress levels for us both considerably.
Very professional service given. Personal approach and excellent communications. I’d be happy to use this company again and would readily recommend it to others.”
” This is just a brief note to thank you for a very efficient and professional job regarding the survey carried out on my behalf. I also very much appreciate the prompt verbal synopsis and your efforts in delivering the full and comprehensive report within 2 days of carrying out the survey.
Although I initially thought that a less detailed report would suffice as we are cash buyers, I now realise that this was the best money ever spent even if we do not proceed with the purchase, bearing in mind the significant cost of remedial work.
Should we need to consider buying another house in Cornwall, I would have no hesitation in asking you to carry out the survey and will be pleased to recommend you to anyone looking for a fast, efficient, friendly and professional service in Devon and Cornwall.
I am more than happy for you to place this letter in your ‘testimonials’ section of your website.”
- “Great service that made finding a good surveyor a straight-forward process. It also saved me over £150 on what a local firm quoted. Thank you!”
- “Very satisfied, and it was useful to have a specialsed damp survey done at the same time.”
- “Many thanks once again and best wishes for the future.”
- “Very helpful, would recommend, Value For Money.”
- “Job well done with results explained in plain english, Yes, very satisfactory.”
- “Reallymoving was a fantastic tool to help me find the service I needed. I would definately use again and recommend to friends.”
- “Exellent service will be using company again in near future. 5 Stars”
- “Colin Cockram was very good, very efficient and answered all my questions, (Even out of normal working hours). He was a pleasure to talk to. Great Service. I live outside of the area i am moving to so your website really helped”
Mr & Mrs Caldwell
- “I have been most impressed with your servive and will recommend you to anyone I meet who might be interested in having a survey carried out.”
- “Colin was very friendly and down to earth – good for a first time buyer. He responded to emails very quickly and I feel that I can contact him if I have further queries. Very good customer care.”
- “Mr Cockram was more than helpful and I would recommend him to anyone in the future, he was also the fairest in price.”
Mrs L. Harris
- “Friendly, efficient and responsive – survey carried out more quickly than I expected! 5 Stars”
- “I found the reallymoving.com website very useful and Colin provided an excellent and fast service.”
- “I must say we were vary happy with your findings on Cadewell Lane, most of which we knew about but one or two things we didn’t. thanks again and will recommend you in the future.”
Nigel and Elena
- Really helpful and professional firm. They have great knowledge of local issues. Made the whole