Cockrams offer a full range of services in relation to architectural design in order to facilitate any alteration, extension or new build works you may wish to carry out along with assisting with all necessary statutory applications such as Planning Permission or Listed Building Consent and Building Regulations Approval.
The projects we are regularly involved in range from minor internal alterations or small extension works, right through to demolition of existing buildings and the construction of new one-off houses. We are therefore happy to assist with any scale of residential project which is often provided as a follow on service from the surveying side of the practice.
The services we offer in relation to Architectural Design are briefly described below:
- Measured Surveys – the measurement of existing properties including complete floor plans, elevations, sections and site plans as required.
- Feasibility Reports – the production of an initial feasibility report to highlight the various options that could be considered when planning any alteration works including the approximate cost, time scale, statutory consents required and advice on procurement routes.
- Proposed Drawings – the production of detailed proposals with options if required to provide full information in relation to alteration works suitable for submission for planning consent.
- Planning Applications – the preparation and submission of detailed planning applications to cover all of the proposed works including submission of detailed supporting documentation and liaison through the planning process with the client and planning officer.
- Listed Building Consent – should the building be listed then any alterations may need to have the benefit of Listed Building Consent which is similar to a standard planning permission although more detailed information required in relation to the heritage nature of the building and the impact of the proposed works on the existing building and its setting.
- Building Regulations Approval – the preparation and submission of detailed drawings and specification notes to the local authority of Building Control or an Independent Approved Inspector in order to achieve full plans approval prior to works starting on site.
- Working Drawings – the preparation of detailed drawings to be used by the contractors in relation to complicated items such as junctions and architectural detailing to ensure that the work is carried out to the correct standard.
Although we are happy to provide architectural services in isolation, these are commonly combined with a full package of services including Specification & Tendering and Contract Administration.
As a Building Surveying practice we aim to provide architectural design which meets the client’s needs within a defined budget. In our experience, many of our clients will already have a good idea of exactly what they want to achieve and it is our aim to facilitate these ideas and provide all required advice rather than imposing excessive architectural flair unless this is required by the client.